Attivio Raises the Bar with New Version of Cognitive Search and Insight Platform
Machine Learning Delivers Increasingly Relevant and Personalized Results to Fuel Every Decision and Action with Cognitive Insight
Attivio, recently named a leader by Forrester in its report The Forrester Wave™: Cognitive Search and Knowledge Discovery Solutions, Q2 2017, today announced the release of Attivio Platform 5.5, the latest version of its industry-leading platform. This version of the Attivio Cognitive Search and Insight Platform leverages next-generation cognitive capabilities, such as machine learning and natural language processing, to help enterprises fuel every decision and action with insight.
“Cognitive search is the new generation of enterprise search that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to return results that are more relevant to the user or embedded in an application issuing the search query,” wrote Forrester VP and Principal Analyst Mike Gualtieri in The Forrester Wave™: Cognitive Search and Knowledge Discovery Solutions, Q2 2017.
“Historically, search is great at enabling people to enter terms and return a series of documents,” said Attivio CEO Stephen Baker. “Attivio’s vision is for search to drive productivity and insights across the enterprise as a key part of people’s work lives. With the personalized delivery of information, Attivio becomes a true assistant by providing people what they need, when they need it – and even before they ask.”
Machine Learning Drives Improved Relevancy
The key to delivering insights and transforming the productivity of information workers is improving relevancy of answers to search queries. With machine learning relevancy, the Attivio Platform calculates relevancy based on personalized and dynamic relevancy profiles for each user. Each query is then combined with contextual information to return better results, thereby providing better insight faster.
With this advanced machine learning, the system is trained to deliver the most relevant information, in context. Attivio also offers the flexibility of manual relevancy tuning to optimize results.
Additional New Features and Improvements
This new version of the Attivio Platform also offers innovative features for system administrators, developers, and end users, including:
- Tag by query: Automate manual tagging and review processes to flag content for regulatory risk and knowledge management use cases based on NLP, Machine Learning and complex rules/policies,
- A choice of deployment options: Native Hadoop application, standard Attivio clustering, and cloud hosted with managed services,
- Ingestion auditing: Monitors and tracks document ingestion to support system reporting and compliance requirements,
- Public SDK: Maven archetypes and dependencies are now available on GitHub for customization of the Attivio Platform,
- New content sources: HDFS file systems, AVRO, Parquet, ORC, and application connectors for the enterprise and the cloud,
- Redesigned user interface: Next generation search experience for end users and an improved look-and-feel for administrators.
This new version of the Attivio Platform is available for testing in a local environment with a free, downloadable trial version: https://www.attivio.com/free-trial.
Attivio Platform 5.5 is available immediately. For more information, register for a live webinar showcasing the new version: https://info.attivio.com/sherlock-update-webinar.html.
Attivio is the leading Cognitive Search and Insight Platform company. Our Fortune 500 clients rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improve business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading natural language processing, machine learning, analytics, and knowledge graphing capabilities at scale. Attivio provides immediate visibility to all the right information so you can boost your enterprise’s IQ, make better decisions company-wide, and seize every opportunity.