New Features Give Administrators Insights into Query, Content, and User Analytics
Many roles in today’s enterprises are metrics-driven and metrics-motivated. The search architects and search platform administrators we work with are no different; they’re hungry for feedback and insights about how users are searching (user analytics) and what content is performing best. With Attivio’s new Search Analytics capabilities (available today), we give search architects the information they desire, in real-time and right at their fingertips.
Search Analytics enables you to better understand the performance of your search platform by delivering insights into:
- The full picture of queries made, content returned, and user behavior
- Statistics related to most popular searches, most active users, most frequently returned documents, searches with no results, related searches, and much more
- Overall search experience, including relevancy and response time
Unlike other platforms, Attivio’s Search Analytics delivers insights into queries AND their results.
In a dynamic visual interface, you can explore user analytics such as:
- Top Searches: Uncover what users have queried. The platform’s natural language processing extracts terms within the question, and the Search Analytics provides an aggregated view of the subjects most popular in your user base.
- Top No-Results Searches: Get insight into what your users are searching for but are not receiving results, in order to fill content gaps or mitigate user dissatisfaction with the search experience.
- Top Users: See what users in your organization run the most queries. This is a great way to find internal champions for the search experience within your organization.
- Top Clicks: View what documents are most popular in your user base, and review the total click count for all results as well as the searches that led to this document.
- Average Click Position: Understand how your relevancy models are performing, based on the position of content that users are clicking. You can view click position statistics across all relevancy models.
Figure 1: Search Analytics Dashboard
Search Analytics also delivers 360-degree views to give you a complete picture of a search topic, content result, or user. For example, when you click on a specific search phrase, you’ll be able to see:
- Related searches (e.g., what people who searched for this topic also searched for)
- Top 10 documents returned for that search
- Average click position
- Top 10 users submitting this query
Figure 2: Top searches
Figure 3: Top Clicks
You can specify the time frame for the insights, using pre-defined timeframes or select your own. And if you want to marry the Search Analytics data with other data in your organization, that’s possible, too!
The Search Analytics capabilities are available immediately and is compatible with all versions of the Attivio platform. We can’t wait to show you what’s possible – contact us to view a demo and learn how you can get more insight with Search Analytics.