KMWorld Wrap-Up and Webinar
Attivio joined search colleagues in DC November 14-17 for KMWorld’s Enterprise Search and Discovery Summit. From their strategic location at the show’s Enterprise Solutions Showcase, CTO Will Johnson enjoyed meeting IT professionals, customers, partners, and vendors from across the US, demoing the Attivio platform, sharing customer success stories, and talking to folks about what’s hot and what’s not in search right now over cocktails after the show. Common topics included GSA replacement, knowledge management struggling to achieve its vision, and the continuing emergence of cognitive search.
What’s up with GSA?
As you probably know, Google has announced the end of development for its GSA solution. If you’re ready to consider alternatives, Attivio is offering a special opportunity to help you replace your current GSA with a secure, enterprise-scale, on-premise alternative. You can double your GSA document volume with no incremental license cost (for a 2 million document count minimum). If you prefer a cloud or hybrid deployment, they’re available today. To learn more about the GSA promotion, visit the Attivio website.
Is Knowledge Management all that it was supposed to be?
The Attivio team was intrigued to hear comments from several attendees who were less than satisfied with their organization’s Knowledge Management operations. “Can’t I just get a more effective search solution to answer my critical business questions?” “I just want the system to adapt to my common questions and direct me to data I need!” This is especially ironic since search professionals were clamoring for Knowledge Management to replace Enterprise Search at similar conferences just a few years ago. What’s old is new again…or is it the other way around?
Is Cognitive Search just a fancy new name for Enterprise Search?
The needs of Knowledge Management go beyond enterprise search. Cognitive search offers users the ability to automate, customize, and improve the quality of conversations between humans and machines. Attivio’s customers appreciate the benefits and features of our flexible solution:
- An enterprise-scale platform, suitable for global deployment, with best-in-class security must be easy to implement, administer, maintain, and use
- A proven “lift and shift” replacement process, that offers seamless,, out-of-the-box- data connections, including Sharepoint
- A data unification platform that integraties structured and unstructured information and can support an unlimited number of search applications
- A complete text analytics platform, to systematically enrich all of your data
For a look inside the march toward cognitive search, Don’t miss our upcoming webinar cohosted by KMWorld and Attivio: Expand Your Search Horizons – Next Generation Platforms Reset Assumptions and Results on Tuesday, November 29 at 2pm. Register today to reserve your seat for this live webinar focused on the requirements and practice changes that are emerging as next generation search and analytics platforms replace traditional approaches. Join Cognitive Computing Consortium co-founder and KMWorld columnist Hadley Reynolds and Attivio Senior Director of Product Marketing, Lee Phillips offering insight into how you can:
- Bring advances from cognitive computing research into enterprise search and discovery.
- Trade in traditional trial and error methods in favor of contextually aware and conversational collaborations between humans and smarter machines.
- Identify opportunities to achieve new levels of performance by implementing a practice of continuous improvement.