Gain Competitive Advantage with Embedded Information Access
Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) is the first unified information access technology specifically designed to be embedded in business applications. With innovative features such as indexing and retrieving all types of data, content and media, simple integration, true incremental scalability, and flexible workflow, Embedded AIE differentiates your product and enhances your users' experience and productivity.
With Embedded AIE your product can take advantage of unified information access (UIA), which extends the utility of legacy search engines by aggregating access to both structured data and unstructured content and media in one universal index. Integrating UIA into your applications ensures that your users have on-demand access to current, complete, strategic information derived from all important sources, regardless of their native format.
Attivio's Approach to UIA
At Attivio, we designed Embedded AIE for technology vendors who rely on search as an important element of the core platform that powers their applications and who need the advantages of UIA. Embedded AIE is designed around three fundamental principles: simple configuration and integration, robust functionality, and high-end performance. AIE is fast and efficient, scalable and secure, easy to work with and completely reliable.
Core Features of Embedded AIE
Embedded AIE not only provides a universal index of content and data, it also includes features that automate processes and enable rapid prototyping and development.
- Universal index of content and data aggregates information stores and real-time updates
- Automatic analysis and document categorization improves findability; enables additional user tagging to expand index
- Information is quickly assembled without designing reports or learning a query language; ability to both personalize and control access to information
- Workflow ensures that new information triggers actions, such as alerts or process automation
- Low-latency indexing and real-time updates at field level
- Active-match, faceted navigation expedites discovery
- Embedded AIE updates metadata fields without re-indexing the entire document.
- Workflows and single API enable rapid prototyping and deployment, accelerating innovative applications, enabling faster time to market and reducing risk
- Broad platform support - 100% Java and runs in its own JVM, making it highly portable and easy to integrate. Attivio Embedded AIE supports both Java and .Net APIs.
- Small footprint, rapid ingestion and no need re-index if you add hardware or upgrade applications
- Schema-less data handling allows flexible data modeling at all stages of development and enhancement
- Multi-platform and multi-lingual
- Complete SDK, customer extranet, task-oriented documentation, sample front-end code and integration logic, and a library of configurations for a large range of common uses
The interaction between your application and AIE is active, live, and bi-directional through triggers, events, calling to and from the API, etc. Information sources can originate from outside your application and outside the firewall.
Full Search Experience
Embedded AIE also includes all the features expected of am advamced search engine:
- User-friendly query language for both novice and advanced users in all sorts of formats (parametric, +/- style, Boolean, proximity, natural language, etc.)
- A library of connectors for normalizing and preparing content to enable a complete search experience.
- Easy-to-understand relevancy model that incorporates facet analysis in the corpus calculation
- Sophisticated processing of complex languages such as Chinese and Arabic
- Phrasing - the recognition and grouping of idioms such as "red zone" or "diamond lane" to be indexed together
- Synonym and acronym expansion - expanding a query or document with a list of synonyms and acronyms from the words it originally contains
- Concept extraction, document clustering and entity extraction - dictionary or rule based
- Sentiment analysis to categorize and index opinions expressed in content (e.g., a positive review, an unhappy customer)
- Geographic search to enable matching of interests to local opportunities (e.g., nearby gourmet restaurant)
- Proximity search finds compound terms even when they are separated by other words - works with features such as entity extraction and sentiment analysis