Active Workflows Automate Information Processing
Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) automatically performs a wide variety of data and content processing for unified information access, with no user intervention required. AIE achieves this through highly flexible workflows.
AIE workflows execute all data and content processing tasks, from simple actions like routing query results via email, to complex actions with conditional business logic such as transforming new data or content; directing query results to an application; performing automated analytics on data or content; writing select data to a database; launching new business processes and much more.
Easily managed and integrated with other enterprise applications through a service-oriented architecture (SOA), AIE workflows provide exceptionally agile and active use of unified information.
Specific AIE workflows include:
- Ingestion workflows process new information, including ETL-style cleansing, normalization and enrichment of data and content using linguistics and text analytics prior to indexing
- Query and response workflows process requests for data and/or content from an end user using AIE simple search, Active Dashboards, business intelligence (BI) tools, etc.; or from an outside application via an enterprise service bus or other messaging infrastructure
- Analytic workflows perform desired "in-engine" calculations or other analysis on data or content already indexed within AIE, for additional business value
Special workflows can also run automatically behind the scenes and perform desired actions if certain business rules or other conditions are met:
- Alerts are stored queries that constantly run behind the scenes on a user-defined schedule, directing select results to one or more workflows
- Triggers are stored queries that run automatically upon ingestion of new content. For example, if an incoming document matches the stored query of a trigger, a copy of that document is routed to one or more desired workflows
Developers and system integrators will welcome how easy it is to work with workflows:
- Managed through AIE's robust API
- Extensible using AIE's workflow SDK
- Easily integrated with other enterprise applications and infrastructure using SOA