Universal Index Unifies Structured Data & Unstructured Content
Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) seamlessly unifies the worlds of structured and semi-structured data, Big Data and unstructured content. AIE integrates, joins and correlates all enterprise information within its universal index, providing vital information insights with unprecedented agility:
- Schema-less indexing of all data and content. Unlike traditional data warehouses or other information systems, AIE does not require defining data structures and relationships between data and/or content in advance. AIE's schema-less universal index eliminates the time-consuming process of modifying data models to accommodate new sources of information.
- True ad hoc JOIN of all related data and content. AIE's universal index facilitates relational joining across all indexed information, both structured and unstructured, for true unified information access. AIE joins related data and content dynamically at query time, with full security and no advance relational model required. The ability to perform ad hoc JOINs with the agility offered by the universal index is groundbreaking functionality that was conceived, developed, and patented by Attivio.
- Maximizes findability and joinability of all information for unbeatable agility. AIE's universal index treats all data types equally: data and content sources can be indexed on a table-by-table or source-by-source basis. Combined with natural language processing and text analytics that enrich documents and other text-based content, AIE's universal index provides the most agile enterprise information platform possible, to find and JOIN all related enterprise information, regardless of data type.
- Avoids "un-agile" retrofitting of data and content required by other solutions. In an attempt to replicate AIE's ad hoc, hassle-free JOIN capability, other solutions such as XML databases and search engines must either "flatten" (denormalize) data tables or require building and maintaining "pre-join" records. These processes require significant up-front planning, prohibit new types of analysis without re-loading information and make analysis across complex data and content relationships impractical. Unlike legacy solutions, AIE and its universal index was built from the ground up for unmatched information agility without cumbersome, "un-agile" retrofitting of data or content.
- Multiple query options, including SQL. AIE's universal index supports the widest range of query options of any enterprise information platform on the market, from simple Google-like keyword search to SQL queries and business intelligence (BI) tools. In addition, AIE offers its AI-SQL extensions that blend the relational capabilities of SQL with the power and simplicity of keyword search.