Advanced Search and Navigation for an Engaging User Experience
Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) provides users with easily access to all related enterprise information, regardless of original source or data type - structured, semi-structured or unstructured. AIE users can explore and interact with this unified information many ways, including business intelligence (BI) tools, Active Dashboards, custom applications, or simple Google-like search interfaces.
AIE includes several powerful search and navigation features for an exceptional user experience, providing fast, productive and engaging exploration and discovery of desired information:Wide variety of query options ranging from simple keyword search to advanced query expressions.
- Wide variety of query options ranging from simple keyword search to advanced query expressions.
- Google-like user assistance features including search query type-ahead; query spell check/"Did you mean..." suggestions; "Find more like this" support, hit highlighting, result grouping, etc.
- Geographic search. AIE enables searches based on latitude and longitude data provided within content. For example, a user can search for 'all service providers within ten miles of my location.' AIE can also sort results by geographic distance, factor distance into relevancy calculations; calculate and present the distance between locations, query for shape intersection and much more.
Facet recommendation. AIE presents all user query results with recommended facets (information attributes similar to dimensions) specific to each query result to help the user quickly summarize, explore, filter and discover results.
- Clustering. AIE can also automatically organize search results into thematic categories, or clusters.
- Intelligent presentation of search results. AIE can customize the formatting and content results based on the user's area of inquiry (e.g., search for people, place, organization, etc.), to provide the most helpful, relevant, engaging information.
- Customizable Relevancy. AIE provides excellent search results out-of-the-box, with the added flexibility to modify relevancy of results to meet specific business needs. AIE's relevancy scoring can be modified based on multiple criteria (e.g., freshness of content, geographic location, etc.) as well as defining unique relevancy profiles by user, group of users, etc.
- Easy integration. AIE's search capabilities are available via Java and Web Service APIs. In addition, AIE's custom relevancy scoring, pluggable query and response processing and real-time, high performance Active Security model provide a robust platform to meet your organization's most demanding enterprise search requirements.